Community Aged Care Packages
Moving from home into a hostel, perhaps to another town, is often considered when older people require assistance with everyday living.
CACP’s offers an alternative.
A Community Aged Care Package provides low level care to frail and/or disabled elderly people in their home, whether they live with their spouse, family or on their own.
The service provides significant support to eligible older people in order that they are able to:
- Remain living at home with maximum control over their lives, maintaining dignity and independence.
- Negotiate assistance that suits their individual needs with minimal disruption to life.
- Continue as an active and valued member of their community.
- Elderly people who are frail aged and /or disabled are eligible for care.
- Any adult person can request an ACAT assessment by contacting the Murray Mallee Aged Care Assessment Team on (08) 85 35 6800.
- After approval a care package is then tailored by MMACG in conjunction with the client and their family or advocate to suit the persons needs. A Carer is then appointed to provide services with client approval.
- Assistance may include:
- Showering and personal hygiene
- Dressing and undressing
- Mobility and transfer
- Assistance with meals, etc.
- Home Help
- Monitoring of prescribed medication (subject to legal restrictions)
- On call emergency assistance
- Telephone monitoring service (Doctors Safety Line)
- Temporary respite care at home
- Support services to maintain personal affairs including transporting to appointments i.e. doctors, hairdresser etc.
- A seven day per week service if required
A care package does not generally include home maintenance and modification.
Each package is costed individually according to each persons’ level of service and financial situation.
No person is refused services due to financial limitations.
For aged pensioners with no other income the fee will not exceed 17.5% of the single aged pension, not including pharmaceutical supplement and rental assistance.
The Commonwealth Government provides the Group with funding to assist with the provision of CACP services in addition to fee charges.
Individually tailored packages are also available for older Aboriginal People who wish to stay in their own home.
See more details....
Individually tailored services are available for those who have special cultural needs.
Aged Care Group
2a Myall Ave
Murray Bridge, SA 5253
PO Box 1315
Murray Bridge SA 5253
P(08) 85322 255
F(08) 85322 522