Aboriginal Community Aged Care Packages
Individually tailored services for the older Aboriginal people who wish to stay at home.
A Community Aged Care Package provide low level of care to frail and / or disabled elderly people in their home.
The service provides significant support to eligible older people in order that they are able to:
- Remain living at home with maximum control over their lives, maintaining dignity and independence.
- Negotiate assistance suited to their individual needs with minimal disruption to life.
- Continue as an active and valued member of the community.
Who is Eligible for an Aboriginal Community Aged Care Package?
Elderly aboriginal people who are frail and / or disabled are eligible for a care package and or EACH package in their home after assessment and approval by a Government Aged Care Assessment team.
Any person may request an assessment by contacting the Murray Mallee Aged Care Assessment Team at (08) 85 356 800.
On approval a care package tailored to the persons needs is prepared and a care worker contracted to provide the person with the assistance required.
Care may include:
- showering and personal hygiene
- dressing and undressing
- mobility and transfer
- assistance with meals etc
- home help
- monitor prescribed medication (subject to legal restrictions)
- on call emergency assistance
- personal telephone alarm (Doctors Safety Line)
- temporary respite care at home
- support services to maintain personal affairs including transporting to appointments i.e. doctors, hairdresser
- on a seven day week basis if required
- EACH Packages (Above Specific) have extended care at home
A care package does not generally include home maintenance and modification.
What will it cost?
Each package will be costed at an hourly rate and is assessed according to each persons’ financial situation. No person is refused services due to financial limitations.
For aged pensioners with no other income the fee will not exceed 17.5 % of the single aged pension.In addition the Commonwealth provides the Group with funding to assist with the provision of CACP services.
Further details on the packages can be obtained from:
Vicki Cummings - Coordinator
Murray Mallee Aged Care Group Inc.
P.O. Box 1315 MURRAY BRIDGE SA 5253
Phone (08) 8532 2255
Aged Care Group
2a Myall Ave
Murray Bridge, SA 5253
PO Box 1315
Murray Bridge SA 5253
P(08) 85322 255
F(08) 85322 522